Tuesday, September 29, 2015

What I did on my summer vacation


"Hi, Feline Rescue friends, Nipper here. It's been a while since you’ve seen me around the Adoption Center. I took a sabbatical in the spring to focus on my health in a foster home. I've put on a couple pounds this summer, which in my case is a good thing (the healthy diet and thyroid medication is working).


If you've met me, you may remember me for a couple of reasons: my sweet face, my extra-long tail that's usually swishing, and ... oh yeah... the swatting and nipping. I still do that sometimes. But my foster family can attest that there's a lot more to me than that. They think I’m actually pretty nice to have around. I’m always close by and can be sweet and a lap warmer when I want to be. I play and keep myself entertained. I look awfully good on the couch.


I travel nicely. I usually spend my days quietly lounging on my kitty condo, chasing a ball around, and watching neighborhood birds out the window. But my foster family recently took me on a trip. I pack up easily and ride quietly in the car—even with the dog sitting next to me.


I adjust easily to new places and don't hide. Here I got to chase bugs and watch waves crash on the shore.


And I got to be the only cat in the house. I curled up to sleep with my foster mom at night (I don't normally get to do that because the resident cats get those privileges).


So that's what I've been up to. It's been a good summer and I'm happy here. But I hope someday I will find a home of my own with another family who can get to know me, accept me the way I am, and learn to love me anyway. Call Molly to hear more about me: 651-295-3758."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails