Thursday, October 1, 2015

Gabby Gabrielle

Feline Rescue received this plea back in August:  
There is currently a young mother cat at PUPS in Maple Grove. A rescue took her kittens, but left her behind and now she is on the euthanasia list. This just breaks my heart, especially as I have a super soft spot for torties and calicos. It is reported that she is not feral, but shy and needs socialization.
I am willing to foster, but I cannot pull her from the pound because only an approved rescue group can do that. I know that separating kittens and mothers unfortunately happens all the time, but this one is just tugging at my heartstrings and I want to do something.
Any assistance or advice is greatly appreciated! Thank you so much for your consideration.
Heather

Feline Rescue was happy to help out, especially since Heather was a skilled, experienced foster caregiver and we also disapprove of the practice of rescuing kittens and leaving behind the mom cat.


UPDATE FROM FOSTER MOM HEATHER:
She is coming along nicely. Still shy, but is trusting people more and more each week. She likes other cats and is not afraid of the dogs. I named her Gabrielle or Gabby for short. She is my little Gabby girl and she talks every time I see her. she really is a super sweet tiny little girl.


Looks like she has a calico friend in foster care, too!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails